The Jason Lang scholarships are designed to reward the outstanding academic achievement of students continuing into their second, third or fourth year of post-secondary studies. These scholarships are funded by the government of Alberta through Alberta Learning, and are administered by the University of Alberta in conjunction with the Alberta Scholarship Program.
- have a minimum GPA of 3.2
- be entering second, third, or fourth year of postsecondary studies at an Alberta institution in September 2012
- have completed at least 80% of a full course load (i.e. at least 24 units of course weight) in the previous year of postsecondary studies (September 2011 to April 2012)
- be enrolled full-time in at least one term in the 2012-2013 academic year
- be an Alberta Resident as defined by Alberta Scholarships. An Alberta Resident, according to the Alberta Scholarship Act, is
- a person who has maintained permanent residence in Alberta for a period of 12 months immediately prior to attending a post-secondary institution, or
- a person whose parents or guardians have maintained permanent residence in Canada for 12 consecutive months and reside in Alberta, or
- a person who marries an Alberta resident.
Students who participated in an official University of Alberta exchange will need to contact the Student Awards Office to determine eligibility.
How to Apply
The application is available through Bear Tracks.
Applicants will be notified by the Alberta Scholarship Program in December. View the application status on the Alberta Advanced Education and Technology Access Page.