Move-In Day and New Student Registration
Posted on July 20, 2010 by Tia Lalani
If you are new to the U, this link has plenty of info that you will want to know!
University of Alberta’s Augustana Campus
4901 – 46 Avenue, Camrose, Alberta
Monday, September 6th, 2010
If you will be living in residence, we anticipate your arrival at the Augustana Campus in Camrose on Monday, September 6th to move into your dorm room. Students not living in residence are invited to attend all events on Monday and are encouraged to attend the 7:00 p.m. orientation session.
- 11:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. Student residences are open for move-in.
- 1:00 p.m. Tours for parents will be available, leaving from the Chapel lounge.
- 2:00 p.m. Parent orientation in the Chapel, which will include a brief presentation and an opportunity to meet the Dean of Augustana Campus.
- 4:00 p.m. Campus Chaplaincy will hold a brief service in the Chapel for interested students and families. Everyone is welcome.
- 5:00 p.m. – 6:30 p.m. Buffet supper served in the cafeteria. New students, children 6 & under – free, Adults – $8, Children 7-12, $3.
- 7:00 p.m. An orientation session for all new students will be held in the Chapel.
Tuesday, September 7th, 2010
Registration for new students begins on Tuesday, September 7th. Please arrive at the main entrance of the Classroom Building at your scheduled appointment time. (See below.)
During campus registration, your photo will be taken for your student identification card and for any scholarships or awards you may be eligible to receive. If needed, arrangements may be made for parking and private music lessons. You will also be able to make payment arrangements with the Financial Services Office.
Please bring the following items with you to your registration appointment:
- your method of payment if you are planning to make fee payments. To pay for residence, telephone, music lessons or parking fees you may use cash, cheque, Interac, Visa, American Express or MasterCard. To pay tuition fees you may use cash, cheque or Interac.
- if you are expecting to receive a Canada or Provincial Student Loan and your loan form indicates that you require an institutional signature, you need to bring your loan form, Social Insurance card, a piece of photo I.D. and a void cheque to allow for direct deposit.
All new students are strongly encouraged to attend a library orientation tour before or after their registration appointment. Tours will be ongoing from 9:30 to 11:30 a.m. and 1:00 to 4:00 p.m. Proceed to the Library entrance whenever it is convenient during this time period. Library orientation tours will take place every 10 minutes.
Wednesday, September 8th, 2010
9:00 a.m. – You will be scheduled to meet with members of the Faculty who are able to advise you regarding your studies while you are a student at Augustana. It is important for you to meet and get to know your Academic Advisor.
Following this meeting, there will be a “New Student Conference” held throughout the day with several sessions that you may attend. For details, see www.augustana.ualberta.ca/student_life/nsc/ .
- Classes begin Thursday, September 9th.
- More information about activities and events taking place during orientation week will be provided upon arrival.
Questions? Please contact the Prospective Student Office at 780-679-1132, or 1-800-661-8714 (Canada & U.S.), or email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Tuesday, September 7th, 2010
Campus Registration Appointment Schedule for New Students
Find the group into which the first letters of your surname fall. Please arrive for registration on Tuesday, Sept. 7th, in the 15-minute time period allotted.
|A||8:00 – 8:15 a.m.|
|Ba – Bg||8:15 – 8:30|
|Bh – Bo||8:30 – 8:45|
|Bp – Bz||8:45 – 9:00|
|Ca – Cn||9:00 – 9:15|
|Co – Da||9:15 – 9:30|
|Db – E||9:30 – 9:45|
|F||9:45 – 10:00|
|Ga – Go||10:00 – 10:15|
|Gr – Ham||10:15 – 10:30|
|Han – Hp||10:30 – 10:45|
|Hr – J||10:45 – 11:00|
|K||11:00 – 11:15|
|Lunch Break||Lunch Break|
|La – Li||1:00 – 1:15 p.m.|
|Li – Mb||1:15 – 1:30|
|Mc – Mn||1:30 – 1:45|
|Mo – Nh||1:45 – 2:00|
|Ni – Pd||2:00 – 2:15|
|Pe – Pr||2:15 – 2:30|
|Ps – Ri||2:30 – 2:45|
|Rh – Schn||2:45 – 3:00|
|Scho – Si||3:00 – 3:15|
|Sj – St||3:15 – 3:30|
|Su – To||3:30 – 3:45|
|Tr – V||3:45 – 4:00|
|Wa – Wn||4:00 – 4:15|
|Wo – Z||4:15 – 4:30|
Augustana Campus, Events. | Permalink
Comments are closed.