New Students Arrival & Registration Information
Posted on July 31, 2013 by Christopher Thrall
Campus arrival and registration information for New Students For a handy guide to info sessions, fun activities and orientation during your first two weeks at Augustana, download the Welcome to U! guide. Sunday, September 1st, 2013 If you will be living in residence, we look forward to your arrival on Sunday, September 1st to move into …
Campus arrival and registration information for New Students
For a handy guide to info sessions, fun activities and orientation during your first two weeks at Augustana, download the Welcome to U! guide.
If you will be living in residence, we look forward to your arrival on Sunday, September 1st to move into your dorm. If you are not living in residence, you are invited to participate in all events on Sunday and encouraged to attend the 7 pm orientation session.
11 am – 4 pm Residences open for students to move in.
1 pm – 4 pm The Financial Services office located on the 2nd floor of the Forum building will be open for those who wish to make payments or payment arrangements. Please bring the following items with you:
- To pay tuition fees you must use cash, cheque or Interac. To pay for residence, telephone, music lessons or parking fees you may use cash, cheque, Interac, Visa or MasterCard.
- If you are expecting to receive a Canada or Provincial Student Loan and your loan form indicates that you require an institutional signature, you need to bring your loan form, Social Insurance card, a piece of photo I.D. and a void cheque to allow for direct deposit.
2 pm An orientation for interested parents will be provided in the Chapel. This includes a presentation and an opportunity to meet Augustana’s Dean. Immediately following the orientation, tours will be available leaving from the Chapel lounge for those who would like an overall view of the campus.
4 pm Chaplaincy will hold a service in the Chapel for interested students and families. Everyone welcome.
5 pm – 6:30 pm Buffet supper served in the cafeteria, at no charge for new students. Adults – $8.00, Children (7-12) – $5.00, Children (6 & under) – free.
7 pm A brief orientation session for all new students will be held in the Chapel.
Monday, September 2nd, 2013
Tuesday, September 3rd, 2013
The New Student Conference starts at 8:30 am. Gather by the sculpture in front of the Classroom Building. Campus registration will be part of your conference activities and it is essential that you attend your registration session.
IMPORTANT: If you have not already done so, you should reserve your courses on Bear Tracks as soon as possible. Please contact the Augustana Prospective Student Office (see below) if you require assistance with course selection. You must reserve a course selection before you attend campus registration.
During campus registration, your photo will be taken for your student identification card and for any scholarships or awards you may be eligible to receive.
More details regarding the New Student Conference are available online.
- Classes begin on Wednesday, September 4th.
- New students are strongly encouraged to attend a library orientation tour. Library tours will be available on Wednesday, Sept 4th on an ongoing basis between 9 am and noon and between 1:00 and 3:30 p.m. Meet inside the Library entrance.
- International students coming to Canada from overseas should read this document for additional arrival information.
Questions? Please contact the Prospective Student Office or by phone toll free at 1-800-661-8714 (Canada & U.S.A.), or (780) 679-1132.
Augustana Campus, Events, Residence Life. | Permalink