(full) DidUknow: Teaching with Moodle Workshop May 2015
Posted on April 7, 2015 by Robert Brennan
All seats for DidUknow: Teaching with Moodle Workshop May 6th-7th 2015 have filled. Please email Robert Brennan to be placed on a waiting list or to be notified of a future workshop. DidUknow: Teaching with Moodle Workshop May 6th-7th 2015 We are inviting 8 participants to join in a free two-day Moodle workshop on May 6th-7th. …
All seats for DidUknow: Teaching with Moodle Workshop May 6th-7th 2015 have filled. Please email Robert Brennan to be placed on a waiting list or to be notified of a future workshop.
DidUknow: Teaching with Moodle Workshop May 6th-7th 2015
We are inviting 8 participants to join in a free two-day Moodle workshop on May 6th-7th. Register for a new professional development opportunity and take your class beyond the classroom. Designed to provide a good foundation and context to Moodle, the course covers multiple aspects of the Moodle learning platform, including how to set up your Moodle class and effectively use it in teaching.
This course features:
- Structured, easy-to-understand content. Gain information, training, and tools.
- Collaboration and connections. Contribute in round table discussions.
- Activity-based learning. Participants create their own course.
Who should attend?
Whether it is your first time using Moodle or you already have a basic understanding of this content management system, this workshop will give you hands-on experience with many of the Moodle activities and resources. Working with your peers, you will build and deploy modules and see the results live. Additionally, you will receive instructor supported lab time to work on your Moodle class. Depending on how prepared you come, you could be well on your way to having a finished Moodle course.
- Editing your profile
- Course setup
- Discovering blocks
- Adding documents
- Adding course materials, images and media
- Engaging learners in collaborative activities
“Making The Grade”
- Setting assignments
- Assessing with quizzes
- Using gradebook
“Taking It Further”
- Exploring advanced Moodle features
- Saving and reusing courses
- Accessing Moodle 101
- Dates: Wednesday May 6th to May 7th
- Duration: 9 am to 4 pm each day
- Fees: None
- Location: 1-130 Library Computer Classroom
- Instructor: Robert Brennan
If you wish to work on your own course, you must have that course created at least 4 business days before the workshop. Alternatively, if you do not want to work directly in your course, you must request a Moodle sandbox be created prior to the workshop.
- You can request a course or sandbox here https://cc.elearning.ualberta.ca/CourseRequestLogin.aspx
- Or you can email firstname.lastname@example.org for support.
To maximise your time in this workshop it is recommended that you have
- A course outline or syllabus in digital format
- A list of assignments, activities, or media you might wish to have in your course
That said, materials for the workshop will be provided. You will only need the above materials if you wish to develop your own course during lab times.
*Note: space is limited and registration will be closed when space is full.*
Register for this session:
Did U Know, Events. | Permalink
Comments are closed.