GREEN & GOLD (& RED & BLACK) DAY
Posted on September 2, 2015 by Tia Lalani
Last year, the Faculty of Physical Education and Recreation stepped up to Augustana in a selfie challenge. They figured they would be able to post more of their students, faculty, staff and alumni in school colours than we could. They were deeply embarrassed at the results. This year, Campus St.-Jean risks similar embarrassment as they …
Last year, the Faculty of Physical Education and Recreation stepped up to Augustana in a selfie challenge. They figured they would be able to post more of their students, faculty, staff and alumni in school colours than we could.
This year, Campus St.-Jean risks similar embarrassment as they try a “per capita selfie challenge”… Will Augustana post more selfies in green and gold (and red and black) per student than the University of Alberta’s French language campus? Tune in Friday to find out…
Wear your Green & Gold or Red & Black Augustana wear to show your school spirit! Join us in the Quad for a BBQ lunch, fun, music, and a massive SOCK FIGHT for charity!
11:45 BBQ Lunch
Off-campus students without a meal plan must register for the BBQ – the first 100 students will pay ONLY $2!
12:30 SOCK FIGHT for charity: the first 200 in attendance get to participate!
7:30 Cheer on your Augustana Vikings at the EnCana Arena! Catch the Vikings Hockey Home Opener vs SAIT and hit the selfie booth for another photo between periods…
Who has the most U of A school spirit?
On Friday, September 25, we celebrate the fifth annual Green and Gold Day. In the spirit of a little friendly competition, Campus St-Jean challenged Augustana to show which Campus has the greatest school pride and spirit by donning their University of Alberta gear and taking to social media.
Students, alumni, friends, faculty and staff members will post pictures of themselves wearing their UofA gear on Twitter, Instagram and Facebook by using hashtags #ualberta AND #uofa_Augustana.
Wear Green and Gold – add in Augustana Red and Black – or vice versa! Combine our colours and show your pride as part of Augustana within the U of A!
The Students’ Association President with the lower amount of unique posts will wear the other’s colours to a university-wide meeting and display a campus mascot in their offices.
Don’t forget to wear your University of Alberta colours on Friday, September 25 and take to social media to prove it! Like, Share and tell your friends!
Top Ten Things to do on Green and Gold/Red and Black Selfie Day:
10. Check out the Bookstore Sale for #ualberta merch!
9. But First, Let Me Take a #Selfie at the Bookstore Selfie Spot – in front of the Viking Ship!
8. Sniff out Augustana Residence Life popcorn wherever it might be found…
7. Take a selfie with an Augustana Viking in Red and Black.
6. Take a selfie with a prof who is proudly wearing U of A Augustana colours!
5. Dress up a pet in Green and Gold or Red and Black – pic and post it!
4. Hit the Quad at noon for the BBQ and Sock Fight: music, catch a t-shirt from the t-shirt cannon, free Jell-O, a chance to hang with our mascot, Ole Uffda, and an enormous SOCK FIGHT FOR CHARITY.
3. Be in Quad at 12:30 for our aerial Faculty Challenge photo!
2. Try the Selfie Trifecta: take your pics with Martin Luther, our mascot Ole Uffda, and ASA President Stephanie Gruhlke!
1. Whatever you do, wherever you are, wear your U of A Augustana gear, take your pics, post them and tag them with #ualberta and #uofa_Augustana – and then challenge your friends to do the same! Every unique photo posted counts towards our victory over Campus St-Jean!
And yes, there will be prizes!
Alumni, Augustana Campus, Events. | Permalink
Comments are closed.