Augustana Weekly: It’s all inside – January 9, 2019
Posted on December 17, 2018 by Cindy Edge
Welcome to the NEW Augustana Newsletter, the Augustana Weekly! We hope you enjoy the new format of our weekly newsletter! Take a look around to find out important student information, campus updates, get ahead of all of the great events happening on campus and in the community, and maybe learn a new fact or two! …
Welcome to the NEW Augustana Newsletter, the Augustana Weekly!
We hope you enjoy the new format of our weekly newsletter! Take a look around to find out important student information, campus updates, get ahead of all of the great events happening on campus and in the community, and maybe learn a new fact or two! It’s all inside.
To keep the Augustana Weekly up-to-date and useful, send us your submissions! You (meaning any student, staff, or faculty member) can send posters or a short blurb on events, important dates, campus information, notices, news, or anything else that might be of interest to the campus community. Please send submissions to email@example.com no later than the end of the day Monday the week you’d like your notice to appear.
And be sure to check back next week for an exciting contest…
- Augustana has announced a new dean. Dr. Demetres P. Tryphonopoulos has been appointed to the position of Dean of Augustana Faculty and Executive Officer of Augustana Campus, effective July 1, 2019. Watch your emails for more information on Dr. Tryphonopoulos and his appointment.
- Student life has heard your feedback surrounding substance use on campus and is working on finalizing a new substance use policy to be out in time for room draw in March.
- The Curriculum Innovation Coordinating Committee (CICC) began a review of the current curriculum in the Fall of 2018, following work that was done by the Curriculum Review Research Committee. The CICC continue to engage in conversations with faculty about how to alleviate classes that are too big or too small, to shift our teaching complement toward a larger proportion of tenure-track faculty, and to distinguish Augustana from other faculties and institutions.
- Students applying for summer jobs can request a resume review from either the LAB office or the Writing Centre.
- The Career Centre has updated the look of their job posting service. View employment and internship opportunities at Campus Bridge.
- Friday (January 11) is the 50% withdrawal deadline for the 3-week term and students can withdraw online through bear tracks the same way they add and drop courses.
- Please send important dates for the 2019/20 academic year to Sarah Ross.
- Nominations are now open for the U of A’s 2019 Community Connections Awards. The awards recognize faculty, staff, students, and community members who embody the U of A’s promise to “uplift the whole people” by sharing their time and expertise with the broader community. Nominations close at noon on February 5, 2019. Award winners will be celebrated in Spring 2019. Learn more and submit an application.
- The deadline to apply for the Pathways Summer Internship Program is this Friday! See poster below for details.
- Introducing…Wonderful Wednesdays! The café will now sell Camrose Pizza Unlimited by the slice every Wednesday, starting at 11:30 am!
- The Internal Research Grant and Student Research Assistantships applications are due January 14 (details are on the Teaching and Learning Commons in eClass).
- Saad Salim is hosting SSHRC Insight Development Grant Lunch & Learn Sessions on January 15 (Budget and All Things Finance) and January 20 (Lay Summary). Click the dates to register! Look out for details on another two sessions next Tuesday (or contact Corlissa for more information).
- On January 30, a Centre for Teaching and Learning (North Campus) workshop will be offered here at Augustana. Check the Staff/Faculty Campus Events calendar for details and to register.
- Distinguished Visiting Professor Rebecca Probert and the Ronning Centre’s postdoc Katharine Batlan will be presenting on a very interesting topic—bigamy and marriage law in Britain and the US—this afternoon at 2 pm. Drop by the Roger Epp Room to check it out!
- Are you a foreign film buff? Take in some German films this Thursday or next Monday! Or attend the Sahakarini Film and Speaker Festival this Friday and Saturday, which will focus on abuse of power, featuring Augustana professor panelists and guest speakers.
- Are you a student interested in exploring career options, building networking skills, and tasting some delicious alumni-crafted beer? Apply for Augustana’s Community Career Mixer!
Earth is the only planet that is not named after a god.
- The Alberta SPOR (Strategy Plan for Patient Oriented Research) Support Unit is holding a Summer Institue on Impact & Opportunities this May at the Matrix Hotel in Edmonton. The summer institute is where researchers, patients, clinicians, students, policymakers and more gather to share insights, connect with colleagues and promote patient-oriented research. For more information, visit their website.
Did you like the new format of the newsletter? Hate it? Feeling apathetic? Tell us anyway! Please send feedback to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Augustana Campus. | Permalink
Comments are closed.