Happy Wellness Week! Check out the Campus Events section below for more information on all of the ASA’s wellness activities, including a student lunch giveaway at 1 pm! Attend Faculty Follies tonight, followed by a Teaching Seminar and Humanities Café tomorrow, and some other great events over the weekend, like the Student Art Exhibition. Scroll down to find out more about performances over the next few weeks, workshops and conferences at North Campus, summer student employment opportunities, and to see what’s for dinner in the cafeteria today (and tomorrow, and the next day…). Enjoy!
- It’s Wellness Week! Check out the schedule in the Campus Events section to see what’s happening on campus.
- If you notice a few extra people on campus (and in the parking lot—thanks for your patience!), it’s because over 250 junior and high school basketball athletes will be on campus over the next three weekend (along with their parents) for the annual Vikings Basketball (invitational) All-Star Clinic sessions and games! Our student-athletes will be coaching and officiating, and a big thanks goes out to coaches Drabiuk and Fleckenstein in their enthusiasm to introduce so many prospective students to campus.
- The University of Alberta is looking for students to fill 2019-20 university-level Appeal Bodies and GFC Committees. In fact, the GFC student chair for Augustana has not yet been filled! If you’re interested, please visit, https://www.ualberta.ca/governance/get-involved/how-to-participate-in-governance for more information and to apply. If you have questions, feel free to contact Ann Hodgson, governance operations manager, at email@example.com, or talk to the ASA.
- It’s your last chance to submit nominations for the Student Life Awards Video Contest! Send your videos showcasing student life in for a chance to win prizes and for your video to be shown at the Student Life Awards in April! For more information, see the poster below, or visit http://augustana.su.ualberta.ca/student-life-awards-video-contest (if the link isn’t working on Safari, try Chrome).
- Research and intersections of gender (RIG) has just been announced as one of three U of A Signature Areas and a RIG consultation will be held on April 10 from 2 to 3:30 pm in the Roger Epp Room for researchers at Augustana to join a conversation about research at the intersections of gender in your area. Open to all students, staff and faculty. RSVP here
- Drop in hours for the Augustana Climbing Wall (located on the stage behind the gym, with door access to the right of Monica’s) are Sundays: 7 to 10 pm, Mondays: 7:30 to 10 pm, Wednesdays: 7 to 10 pm, and Thursdays: 7 to 10 pm.
- The Winter SAC is scheduled for Tuesday, April 16—no meetings or classes will take place on that day.
- If you’re interested in seeing the CSL program in action, attend a presentation on plastics at the Camrose United Church tonight (Thursday, March 28) evening at 7 pm. CSL students will present information, lead discussion and answer questions on their project which looks at solutions in managing plastic that can work for the greater community.
- Faculty Follies is also tonight (Thursday, March 28)! Come to the show ready to laugh (and feel slightly embarrassed for your profs)!
- Attend the Student Art Exhibition this weekend, including the reception on Friday night at 6!
- There’s still lots of room in this Saturday’s Dream Catcher Workshop! Sign up today!
- Join CSL students from AUENV 421 for Earth Hour at Augustana on Saturday night, which includes a start your garden workshop (soil and seeds provided), a biodiversity night tour and a bonfire!
- Augustana’s very own Conference on Undergraduate Research and Innovative Teaching (ACURIT) is taking place May 14 and 15. The Dean’s office has generously offered to cover registration for any Augustana students, faculty, and staff interested in attending! Visit the ACURIT page for more information and to register (simply submit the form and ignore the payment page).
- Kim Misfeldt is hosting a German Movie Showing every Monday evening at 7 pm until April 8. Ask Kim for showing details, or simply show up to be pleasantly surprised!
There are more possible iterations of moves in a game of chess than there are atoms in the observable universe.
Do you want to share a fun fact? Send it (and your source) to firstname.lastname@example.org!
- You’re invited to the 7th Annual Interdisciplinary Undergraduate Conference in Feminist, Gender, and Sexuality Studies
- March 29, 2019 | 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. | 1-hour sessions | North Campus
- This one-day conference showcases some of the best work in feminist, gender, and sexuality studies that has recently been produced by undergraduate students at the University of Alberta. We invite you to attend the whole day or as many of the 1-hour sessions as you are able.
- This conference is designed to encourage dialogue, conversation, and the exchange of ideas. We will be holding discussion sessions after each presentation.
- Please click Register and then browse by session time to view session titles, or download the conference program.
- Attend the “Learning Through Relational Practice” Conference, which takes place on April 26 at Lister Centre on North Campus. Keynote speakers include Alison Kitson, PhD, Flinders University and Christy Raymond, PhD, Faculty of Nursing, University of Alberta. All faculty and students are welcome to attend. Various topics applicable to Health Disciplines will be presented.
LOST AND FOUND
There are many items in the Lost and Found, located at the Founders’ Hall reception desk.