Date and Time
August 24, 2019 9 a.m. – 3 p.m.
Stoney Creek Centre
5320 – 39 Avenue
Camrose AB T4V 5B6
Space is limited. Registration will close when the event reaches capacity, or on Aug. 22, 2019.
Keen to gain some DIY construction skills? Volunteer your elbow grease to improving Stoney Creek Park and trail system for skiers and runners at the Augustana Day of Service.
Boost your building skills on a fence-improvement project along the trail. After lunch, take part in an optional summer luge lesson led by Augustana professor emeritus David Larson. Remember to bring an old pair of high-top or hiking shoes, a helmet and an old pair of leather gloves if you want to participate!
Or, if luging isn’t your thing, instead you can join professor Greg King for a nature walk through the trail system to learn the importance of Camrose’s urban forest.
This event is open to all alumni and their guests (ages 15+).
- In the event of inclement weather, this event will be postponed to a later date.
- As this volunteer opportunity is outdoors, weather-appropriate outdoor work attire, sunscreen and bug repellent are strongly encouraged.
- Please bring your own water bottle and to-go coffee mug to limit waste.
- Construction and gardening tools will be provided, however, feel free to bring your own if you wish.
- Lunch will be provided. Please indicate dietary restrictions at registration.
- An old pair of high-top or hiking shoes, a helmet and an old pair of leather gloves are required for the natural summer luge lesson.
9 a.m. – 1 p.m. – Outdoor work
1 p.m. – Lunch
1:30 p.m. – 2:45 p.m. – Natural summer luge lesson (optional) or urban forest walk