Good afternoon, everyone. We know that things have been surreal and strange lately, and thus wanted to give you a small sense of the familiar: one last Augustana Weekly while heading into this new normal. Have a look at this week’s issue for general updates and where to continue to find the most vital and timely information (hint, it’s your emails—both from UAlberta and the Augustana Dean’s Office) as well as a round-up of resources on mental health and library services (that you’re already well aware of if you’re reading down to the very bottom of those emails!). We’ve also included the Dining Hall menu and a few student job/internship opportunities.
We hope your classes are going well (and are in awe of everyone—students, staff, and faculty alike—in readjusting and pressing on). To reiterate our Dean’s fine words: “I am poised for us to succeed in this fight against the COVID-19 and am certain that we shall prevail.”
- Please continue to keep an eye on your emails for important COVID-19 updates from both the University of Alberta (FYI Emails) and the Augustana Dean’s Office. These are your official source for updates—these emails will give you the most direct and up-to-date information.
- COVID-19 email updates from the Augustana Dean’s Office will be archived here.
- You can also follow our social media accounts for updates and information.
- Please note that all events (including Campus Recreation) have been cancelled or postponed for the time being. Feel free to check the Augustana Website for details regarding specific events.
- Protecting your mental health and wellbeing is so important right now! Information on UAlberta and Augustana-specific resources can be found at the bottom of your email updates from the Augustana Dean’s Office, including:
- This will be the last edition of the Augustana Weekly for the time being. Stay well, everyone.
Although the physical space in the library may be closed, they have a number of online services and supports still available to staff, faculty, and students. Take a look at their COVID-19 Library Services Update page to keep informed.
- Please note that Monica’s Cafe is closed until further notice. Meals are available for purchase from the Dining Hall during open hours. Coffee may also be purchased from the Dining Hall to serve the caffeine needs of those who use the Cafe under normal circumstances. Please note that payment by cash is not an option, ONEcard purchases only.
- Due to Government regulations, we will be limiting the number of students in the Dining Hall to a maximum of 50. Details will be forthcoming to your emails.
- The City of Camrose Recreation and Arts facilities are closed to the public.
- The Farmers’ Market held on campus on Saturday mornings is closed until further notice.
Looking for work? Check out volunteer and on-campus employment opportunities on the My UAlberta App (Augustana Campus Experience), and on CampusBridge.